Posts Tagged ‘GCC’
Well I have decided to do the Global Corporate Challenge again having done it two years ago. I have just got to work and the trusty pedometer is reading 2183 steps.
Good Luck to everyone else doing the GCC this year.
Well after 125 days I have finally completed the Global Corporate Challenge and what a great experience it has been. Some of the highlights of the last 125 days have been:
- Spending quality time with my kids, it isn’t as much fun walking alone.
- Discovering 101 different ways to walk 5000 steps around my neighbourhood.
- Discovering how hard it is to walk 31500 steps in one day, my best effort.
- Having to collect lost tennis balls around the local tennis club.
- Discovering Bob Padula’s blog and the many walks on it and meeting him on one of them.
- Being inspired to walk Mt Feathertop this summer, have to use this new found fitness for something.
I just clocked over a million steps as part of the Global Corporate Challenge, makes me feel pretty good and hopefully a little healthier.
At the end of day 1 of the Global Corporate Challenge, I am looking at my pedometer with a little over 12,000 steps on it. I am hoping to be able to average 10,000 steps over the 125 days. It was interesting today to know that I clock up about 2,000 steps getting to work in the morning so maybe I am not as sedentary as I think I am.